The Community Congregational Church was founded in 1886 and has been a continuous part of Pullman since that time. Despite considerable difficulties and hardships, such as the fire of 1890 and the flood of 1910, the church remained an active part of Pullman's religious life.
This group of the records of the Community Congregational Church has been arranged in a single series, an Alphabetical Subject File, 1891-1978. The folders contain church calendars, information booklets, minutes of meetings, newspaper clippings, the notebook of the Board of Trustees Chairman, oral histories, memorabilia, sermons, and Thrift Shop Records. There are also records (constitution, minutes, treasurer's reports and notebook and yearbooks) of the Women's Society (Fellowship). The records cover the period from 1891 through 1978, but bulk largest from 1942 through 1975.
Restrictions on Access :
This collection is open for research use.Preferred Citation :
[Item Description]. Cage 448, Pullman Community Congregational Church Records . Manuscripts, Archives, and Special Collections, Washington State University Libraries, Pullman, WA.
Acquisition Information :
The records of the Pullman Community Congregational Church were donated, through the church historian, Leonard Young, in two groups; January (MS 79-02) and May 1979 (MS 79-18).Bibliography :
For a more complete history see Cage 314.
Detailed Description of the Collection
The following section contains a detailed listing of the materials in the collection.
This collection is indexed under the following headings in the online catalog. Researchers desiring materials about related topics, persons, or places should search the catalog using these headings.