The Banks Dairy Products Company was incorporated in Washington County, Oregon, in 1922 and operated until its dissolution in 1941. The company was involved in the purchase and sale of milk and milk products, particularly the manufacture and sale of cheese and butter; the construction of an ice and cold storage plant and the preservation of products by means of cold storage; and the construction and maintenance of buildings and structures for creameries, cheese factories, milk distributing plants, elevators, and storage plants.
Flora M. Munford was a stockholder in the corporation and served as secretary of the Board of Directors.
Corporate records of the Banks Dairy Products Company of Banks, Oregon, include the articles of incorporation, by-laws, minutes of stockholders' meetings, financial records, and other documentation.
Restrictions on Access :
Collection is open for research.Preferred Citation :
Banks Dairy Products Company Records, Oregon State University Archives, Corvallis, Oregon
Custodial History :
These materials were donated to the Horner Museum in 1984 by J. Kenneth Munford, Flora Munford's son. In 1996, the materials were transferred from the Horner Museum to the Oregon State University Archives.Related Materials :
Other materials related to the dairy industry in Oregon are available in the records of the Extension Service (RG 111) and the Food Science and Technology Department (RG 176) and the Memorabilia Collection.