Sponsored by the Oregon Yearly Meeting of Friends Church, Friends Pacific Academy in Newberg opened in 1885 with nineteen students and a faculty of three. It increased to 130 students within the first five years. With eighth grade level requirements for entry, the institution expanded to include Pacific College in 1891. In 1929 the secondary grammar school was phased out.
The collection includes minutes, ledgers, grade books, The Pacific Academician (a monthly publication), photographs, and newspaper clippings from the board, faculty, and student literary societies.
Detailed Description of the Collection
This collection is indexed under the following headings in the online catalog. Researchers desiring materials about related topics, persons, or places should search the catalog using these headings.