Central Washington University's Advancement Office began as the Office of Public Service in 1938. In 1946 the office was renamed the Publications Office, a name which it retained until 1962 when it became part of the Office of Auxiliary Services. After 1966 it became the College Relations and Financial Aid Office and later, in 1969, the College Information Office. When Central Washington State College became a university in 1977, the office was renamed the University Information Office. In 1979 it was called the University Relations Office, and in 1993 it became the University Advancement Office.
The images represented in this collection depict Central's campus grounds and buildings, events on campus and the surrounding communities, faculty and staff, departmental and classroom activities and miscellaneous related photographs, slides and negatives. Included in the collection are promotional audio cassettes tapes developed during the 1970s and 1980s to promote academic programs at the university.
Central Washington University began as the Washington State Normal School in 1891. In 1937, the school was rechristened the Central Washington College of Education. In 1961, the school became Central Washington State College and, finally, in 1977, Central Washington University.
Restrictions on Access :
Open to the public for educational researchPreferred Citation :
[Name of document or photograph number]. RG027-06-09, Central Washington University Relations. Photographs, Slides and Negatives. Archives and Special Collections, Brooks Library, Central Washington University.
Detailed Description of the Collection
This collection is indexed under the following headings in the online catalog. Researchers desiring materials about related topics, persons, or places should search the catalog using these headings.