The Concordia Alumni Association of Portland, Oregon, was formed on June 12, 1946, to help alumni keep in contact, stimulate and sustain interest in Concordia, and assist with special projects. A copy of the first constitution is in volume 1, number 1, of The Alumnus. In the late 1990s a more concerted official effort arose within the Concordia University Foundation to recognize and keep in touch with alumni with the appointment of a Director of Alumni Relations. News publications kept alumni informed about activities on the campus. At various intervals comprehensive alumni weekends invited alumni to return to the campus.
Included in the records are newsletters, general correspondence, and other information from various reunions. An Alumni Directory was published in 1994.
Restrictions on Access :
The collection is available for research by appointment.Restrictions on Use :
The Concordia University Archives is the owner of the materials in the Concordia University Alumni Association Records collection and makes available reproductions for research, publication, and other uses. Written permission must be obtained from the Concordia University Archives before any reproduction use. Copyright resides with the creator of the documents or their heirs. The status of copyright is governed by the Copyright Law of the U. S. (Title 17, U.S.C.). In some cases, permission for use may require seeking additional authorization from the copyright owners.Preferred Citation :
Researchers wishing to use this collection should include the following information:
[Item]. Concordia University Alumni Association Records. RG 15/03. Archives, Concordia University (Portland, OR)
Arrangement is by subject: correspondence, newsletters, and reunions
Detailed Description of the Collection