The John Jacob Astor Branch Experiment Station was established near Astoria in 1913 as a branch station of the Oregon Agricultural Experiment Station; it was closed in 1973.
The Agricultural Experiment Station Motion Picture Films consist of one film of the John Jacob Astor Branch Experiment Station, labeled as FV P029:1. The black and white, silent film includes footage of the station facilities and staff (unidentified); test plots, and dairy cattle. It is approximately 7 minutes long.
Restrictions on Access :
Collection is open for research.Preferred Citation :
Agricultural Experiment Station Motion Picture Films (FV P 029), Oregon State University Archives, Corvallis, Oregon.
Acquisition Information :
The film was transferred by the College of Agricultural Sciences in 1987.Related Materials :
Further documentation of the John Jacob Astor Branch Experiment Station is available in the Agricultural Experiment Station Records (RG 25) and Photographs (P 29).