The Utah State Power Plant, built in 1913 at a cost of $100,000, was constructed with the purpose of providing the equivalent amount of power consumed by state institutions from Utah Power and Light Company. Management of the plant was the responsibility of engineers at Utah State Agricultural College (now Utah State University) in return for enough power to serve the institution's needs. Later, both the various state institutions and U.S.A.C. outgrew the plant, obtaining other sources for their increased power needs.
The papers of the state power plant span the years 1915 through 1932 and are chiefly consumption tables of various state institutions, including the Utah State Capitol, the State Prison, University of Utah, etc. Also included in the papers are financial reports (handled by the officers of U.S.A.C.), reports of improvements in the dam and some correspondence between Ray B. West and Utah Power and Light (1917-1927).
Restrictions on Access : Restrictions
Open to public research.Restrictions on Use : Copyright
It is the responsibility of the user to obtain permission to publish from the owner of the copyright (the institution, the creator of the record, the author or his/her transferees, heirs, legates, or literary executors). The user agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the Utah State University Libraries, its officers, employees, and agents from and against all claims made by any person asserting that he or she is an owner of copyright.
Permission to publish material from the Utah State Power Plant : papers must be obtained from the Special Collections Manuscript Curator and/or the Special Collections Department Head.Preferred Citation :
Utah State Power Plant : papers, 1915-1932. (COLL MSS 74). Utah State University. Special Collections and Archives Department.
Arranged topically and by institution.
Detailed Description of the Collection