The University Advancement Office at Central Washington University began as the Office of Public Service in 1938. In 1946 the office was renamed the Publications Office, a name which it retained until 1962 when it became part of the Office of Auxiliary Services. After 1966 it became the College Relations and Financial Aid Office and later, in 1969, the College Information Office. When the Central became a university in 1977, the office was renamed the University Information Office. In 1979 it was called the University Relations Office, and in 1993 it became the University Advancement Office.
This collection comprises negatives, slides and photographs of athletic events, sports teams, buildings, campus events, theater productions, faculty and staff, and activities on the Central Washington University campus during the 1980s and 1990s. Included in the collection are a small number of negatives depicting events on campus during the 1960s.
Central Washington University began as the Washington State Normal School in 1891. In 1937, the school was rechristened the Central Washington College of Education. In 1961, the school became Central Washington State College and, finally, in 1977, Central Washington University.
Restrictions on Access :
Open to the public for educational researchPreferred Citation :
[Name of document or photograph number]. RG027-05-35, Central Washington University Advancement. Negatives, Slides and Photographs. Archives and Special Collections, Brooks Library, Central Washington University.
Detailed Description of the Collection
This collection is indexed under the following headings in the online catalog. Researchers desiring materials about related topics, persons, or places should search the catalog using these headings.