Central's Public Relations and Marketing Office began as part of the Office of Public Service in 1938. In 1946 the office was restructured and named the Publications Office. It was placed under the Director of Auxiliary Services in 1962, where it developed into the Division of Advertising and Publications in 1981 and later the Division of Productions in 1991. The Office of Auxiliary Services was dissolved in 1997, creating the Office of Publications and Advertising and the Office of Graphics Productions. In 2001, the Office of Publications and Advertising was renamed the Public Relations and Marketing Office.
This collection contains images of buildings and grounds at Central Washington University, events on campus, student activities, institutional advertising and portraits of faculty and staff. It also includes negatives and slides of Business Week, Preview Week and Senior Ventures.
Central Washington University began as the Washington State Normal School in 1891. In 1937, the school was rechristened the Central Washington College of Education. In 1961, the school became Central Washington State College and, finally, in 1977, Central Washington University.
Restrictions on Access :
Open to the public for educational researchPreferred Citation :
[Name of document or photograph number]. RG001-07-05, Central Washington University Public Relations and Marketing. Photographic Prints, Negatives and Slides Collection. Archives and Special Collections, Brooks Library, Central Washington University.
Detailed Description of the Collection
This collection is indexed under the following headings in the online catalog. Researchers desiring materials about related topics, persons, or places should search the catalog using these headings.