Guide to the Blacksmith Fork Canyon photographs
1908

Print this Finding Aid | Email this Finding Aid


Results

Overview of the Collection

Creator: Smith, Don.
Title: Blacksmith Fork Canyon photographs,
Dates: 1908 ( inclusive )
Quantity: 1 box (.25 linear ft. )
Collection Number: USU_P0026
Summary: Nineteen copy prints and negatives reproduced from a family album in the possession of Don Smith. The prints show a summer camping trip from July, 1908 in the canyon and include photographs of wagons, two sawmills, a train depot and fishing, wading, camping, and hiking. Although the people in the images are not individually identified, there is a list of the members in the party including: Christian Christiansen, Louisa Bradley, John Wright, Inga Jorgensen, John Israelsen, Jennie Christiansen, Nicholas Jorgensen, Carrie Wilson, Jos. Pearce, Nellie Hill, Esther Wilson, and Lizzie Israelsen. Most of the images are grainy and out of focus.
Repository: Utah State University. Special Collections and Archives
Photograph Collection

Merrill-Cazier Library
Utah State University
3000 Old Main Hill
Logan, UT 84322-3000
Phone: 435 797-2663
Fax: 435 797-2880
Email: scweb@usu.edu

Languages: Collection materials are in English. 
Sponsor: Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) grant, 2007-2008

Content Description

The Blacksmith Fork Canyon photographs consist of 19 copy prints and negatives made from a family album in the possession of Don Smith. The prints show a summer camping trip from July, 1908 in the canyon and includes photographs of wagons, two sawmills, a train depot and fishing, wading, camping, and hiking. Although the people in the images are not individually identified, there is a list of the members in the party including: Christian Christiansen, Louisa Bradley, John Wright, Inga Jorgensen, John Israelsen, Jennie Christiansen, Nicholas Jorgensen, Carrie Wilson, Jos. Pearce, Nellie Hill, Esther Wilson, and Lizzie Israelsen. Most of the images are grainy and out of focus.

Use of the Collection

Restrictions on Access :  Restrictions

Open to public research.

Restrictions on Use :  Copyright

It is the responsibility of the user to obtain permission to publish from the owner of the copyright (the institution, the creator of the record, the author or his/her transferees, heirs, legates, or literary executors). The user agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the Utah State University Libraries, its officers, employees, and agents from and against all claims made by any person asserting that he or she is an owner of copyright.

Permission to publish material from the Blacksmith Fork Canyon photographs must be obtained from the Special Collections Photograph Curator and/or the Special Collections Department Head.

Preferred Citation :  

Blacksmith Fork Canyon photographs, 1908. (P0026). Utah State University. Special Collections & Archives Department.

Administrative Information

Arrangement :

Numerical by photo number.

Acquisition Information :  

Processing Note :  

Register completed by Daniel Davis, October 2003.


Detailed Description of the Collection

Box
1 1:01: "The Camp"
1 1:02: "Taking in the Sights"
1 1:03: "Wilson's Sawmill Gugg's Hollow"
1 1:04: "A daring adventure"
1 1:05: "Triplets"
1 1:06: "Three of a Kind"
1 1:07: "Israelsen's Creamery Curtis Creek"
1 1:08: "One day's catch"
1 1:09: "O.S.L. [Oregon Short Line] Depot. Hyrum"
1 1:10: "The merry milkmaids"
1 1:11: "Locating a bear"
1 1:12: "Leisure moments"
1 1:13: "Watering the Calves"
1 1:14: "The landing sawmill"
1 1:15: "Shadows in the water"
1 1:16: "Tom, Dick, and Harry"
1 1:17: "Caught in the act"
1 1:18: "The last luncheon. Upper Meadows"
1 1:19: "Homeward bound"

Subjects

    • Corporate Names :
    • Oregon Short Line Railway Company--Photographs.
    • Subject Terms :
    • Outdoor recreation--Utah--Blacksmith Fork--Photographs.
    • Geographical Names :
    • Blacksmith Fork Canyon (Utah)--Photographs.

    ^ Return to Top